I applied for a position as a tutor with Extreme Learning.com.I have a BS and graduated with a 3.9 GPA in 12/2007.

The company said they needed between 60 and 70 online tutors to start 9/2009. I attended one group interview with 5 other people, some with no degree. I thought I would be considered, but when I called a week later they denied me employment with no specific reason for it.

I can only assume that this may have been age based as there was no other reason for it.I would think twice before having my kids tutored by this organization.

Had an Experience with Extreme Learning?

Comments

I worked for them during 2009- 2010 school year.

They did not hire me the next year just because. I was one of the few that discover that after working 1000 hrs you will get a benefit package. I did what I was supposed to do. "read my employment contract" I claim my benefits packages, them, for the next school year they decided not to hire me back with no reason.

They just said that they did not need my services.

If you go to craiglist.com they are still hiring.

FYI. Yesterday I received in the mail a notice for the court notifying me that they are being sued in 2011 for denying meal periods, and breaks to the employees. the final hearing will be on sept 14 2012.

I worked for them during 2009- 2010 school year.

They just said that they did not need my services.

If you go to craiglist.com they are still hiring.

I don't think it was an age thing.There are employees of all ages.

I would say it was an education thing. If you have a BS then they have to pay you about 3-4 dollars more than someone with and AA or an AS. Think of it as a good thing, someone with a BS would be real bored explaining the reason 5>6.

They don't need someone with a BS to do that & they dont tutor statistics.I would recommend you get a job where a BS is put to good use.

I think that anybody that has experience working with kids they should get an opportunity to work for the program regardless of the age they have.